Those lucky enough to call Chicago town home, enjoy the beauty of Lake Michigan, the architecture and history of Old Town, Lincoln Park, and the Gold Coast. Chicago has a continental climate, with hot summers and cold winters that bring below-freezing temperatures. The city experiences frequent thunderstorms in the summer with precipitation spread across the seasons.
If you have endured the Chicago area’s dangerous cold, you know extreme cold brings freezing pipes with the need for water extraction and cleanup to mitigate further water damage. Chicago residents expect fast, state-of-the-art action provided by a team of professionals to restore their home or business property.
If you are experiencing water damage after a flood, ServiceMaster MB professionals for water damage restoration Chicago offer prompt water damage restoration and cleanup after a flood. We believe in employing the latest techniques and tools to control water damage and help you get back to your daily routine as soon as possible.
Call now and have our team on-site in an hour to protect your property.
Chicago’s #1 Choice in Cleanup and Restoration
Water damage is the most common type of property damage, and several sources can contribute to expensive costs in repairs. These include broken sprinkler heads, frozen and burst pipes, flooding, sewage backups, rain, and more.
ServiceMaster MB in Chicago provides emergency water damage restoration and flood cleanup services in Chicago. With years of training and experience, our technicians are well-versed and skilled to handle water damage in commercial and residential properties of all sizes.
They begin the process by determining the extent of the damage and developing a water damage mitigation plan. The professionals will tackle every visible aspect of moisture damage along with the hidden issues that could lead to mold growth.
Water Damage – Do’s and Don’ts
What To Do
- Call ServiceMaster MB right away for water damage restoration Chicago and to prevent mold growth.
- Extract as much water as you can.
- Place any paintings, pictures, and other artistic materials in a highly safe location.
- Dry off any wet furniture.
- Pack books tightly on the shelf until the technicians arrive to start the drying process.
- Remove wet area carpet rugs that are not tacked down to the floor and put them on a hanger to dry.
- Allow efficient air ventilation by turning on the A/C or dehumidifier. Open all cabinets, closed doors, and inside windows.
- Place all draperies, like curtains, furniture skirts, and bed skirts on a coat hanger to dry efficiently.
What Not To Do
- Do not enter the premise with structural or electrical damage.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
- Do not use the household vacuum cleaner to extract standing water.
- Do not place any newspaper or magazine on wet carpeting to walk on. The ink will bleed onto the wet carpet.
If you have experienced significant water damage on your property do not hesitate to call ServiceMaster MB for 24/7 emergency water damage restoration Chicago and the surrounding areas.